Ordering Your Knox Box
South King Fire and Rescue uses the Knox Rapid Entry System. To place an order:
- Visit the Knox Box website
- Select the product from the menu
- Enter 98003 in the zip code field
- Select "Search by Zip"
- Select "South King Fire and Rescue" from the fire department list
- Add the Knox product to the cart
- Fill out the "Installation Address" form
- Complete checkout
Securing the Box
Follow the mounting instructions supplied with the product to make sure the box is properly secured. Once the box is installed, call 253-946-7348 to secure your keys in the box.
Selecting a Product
A recessed mounted box is required for new construction. To better assist you, we have included a list of the most common products used in our jurisdiction:
- KNOX Fire Department Connection (FDC) Caps and Plugs - Fire Department Connection caps
- KNOX Key Switches - Residential / Commercial gate access
- KNOX Padlocks - Chain / Gate padlocks
- KNOX StorzGuard Caps and Kits - Hydrant connection caps
- KNOX-BOX 3200 Series - Standard Key box
If you need assistance in selecting a product that fits your needs, please contact the Fire Marshal's Office at 253-946-7348.